Life presents us with all kinds of problems – Death of loved ones; injury or serious illness; divorce; loss of a job; problems with children or other family members; or simply an unexplained inability to function; or at times, we feel emotionally upset without any particular reason. Sometimes, we are able to handle these problems or feelings. However, occasionally a problem or feeling becomes simply overwhelming.
At such times, we may need professional help. For over 40 years, New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center has offered an evaluation of your problem and appropriate follow-up care, such as:
- Individual Psychotherapy for Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Therapy Sessions Involving Family Members and Significant Others
- Play Therapy
- Medication Evaluation, Management and Education
Child and Adolescent Services
Children Need to be Taught to Speak Honestly — Understand Simply — Think Directly — Live Peacefully
- NYPCC operates nonprofit community mental health centers licensed by the NY State Office of Mental Health and designated as children’s specialty clinics.
- Our Child and Family Mental Health Centers provide a range of services to children who are having difficulty functioning at home, in school and/or with peers.
- NYPCC’s Programs have a large number of bilingual, bicultural clinical staff, and board-certified child psychiatrists.
- Children and adolescents are eligible if they have been identified as having emotional problems or are having difficulty functioning age-appropriately.
NYPCC offers a range of services to children and adolescents by highly-qualified therapists:
- Individual Verbal Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Medication Therapy, Education, and Management
- Family Collateral Sessions
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Behavior Modification
- Advocacy and Linkages with Community Services
- Crisis Intervention at School and at Home
For more information, or to make referrals to our Child and Family Mental Health Centers, please submit an inquiry using the form on the “Contact” page.
New York Psychotherapy’s Community Liaison works in the community, reaching out to school support teams and other community based programs in an effort to enhance family and community services. Among the services provided by our Community Liaison are:
- Assessment of individual and family needs
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Parent Workshops on topics geared to help parents enhance their relationships with their children
- Assisting parents to enhance the skills necessary to help their child succeed academically
- Training for school support teams and community programs on methods of helping children and families to improve their relationships and functioning.
If you would like to arrange for a presentation for your school or organization, call (917) 470-8265 and ask for the Community Liaison.